- LAO reflects the rich culinary traditions of the LAO people, inspired by the intrinsic cuisine of Vietnam. Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah Hotel, UAE - LAO Restaurant
- Chef Mai fuses the traditional Vietnamese cooking techniques with modern presentations at LAO. Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah Hotel, UAE - Lao Kitchen
- LAO creates a truly unforgettable dining experience inspired by the intrinsic cuisine of Vietnam. Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah Hotel, UAE - Southeast Asian Brunch at LAO
- Try the delicious Vietnamese-style grilled prawn at LAO. Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah Hotel, UAE - Grilled Prawn - LAO
- Sample the unique flavor of the Vietnamese grilled chicken at LAO. Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah Hotel, UAE - Vietnamese Grilled Chicken - LAO
- Experience the spectacular fried soft shell crab at LAO. Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah Hotel, UAE - Soft Shell Crab - LAO
Taking its inspiration from the 1st millennium tribe that settled across Southeast Asia, LAO reflects the rich culinary traditions of the LAO people, heavily inspired by the natural beauty and intrinsic cuisine of Vietnam.
LAO aims to elevate traditional Vietnamese cuisine through Chef Mai's menu, fusing traditional cooking techniques with modern presentations developing unique flavors and sensory experiences.
LAO creates a truly unforgettable dining experience with both indoor and alfresco seating overlooking the hotel's central gardens. A spacious and creatively designed private dining room is available for intimate parties and dinners.
Vietnamese Festive Dinner
LAO | 20-31 December | 6:30 p.mm. - 11:00 p.m.
Let us transport you to Asia at LAO this festive season where we'll be serving up gourmet dishes with the unique flavours from different regions of Vietnam. Enjoy a four-course menu including authentic classics such as crepes roll with salmon gravalax and hue rice along with a themed beverage pairing to complete this special culinary journey.
AED 350 per person for food only
AED 450 per person inclusive of beverage pairings
Taste of Saigon
LAO | 1 October - 15 December | 6:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Experience an enticing culinary affair of traditional and authentic Vietnamese delicacies at LAO. Discover signature dishes from the region of Saigon and savour Vietnamese Rice Paper Salad, Broken Rice with Beef Short Ribs and Bubble Milk Green Tea, all prepared passionately by chef Mai.
AED 270 for a four course menu per person
AED 370 for a four course menu including beverage pairing per person
Bespoke Cooking Classes
LAO | Mondays | 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Join Chef de Cuisine Mai and Sous Chef Trang for an exclusive interactive cooking class that takes guests on a gastronomic journey to the heart of Vietnam. The bespoke experience starts at the hotel's organic garden, selecting fresh herbs that will be used to compliment ingredients in the traditional Vietnamese dishes, such as mouth-watering fresh Vietnamese rolls and Pho. Guests can then enjoy their masterpieces accompanied by a signature iced tea.
From AED 650 per person
Waldorf Astoria Dining Expedition
Peacock Alley, LAO, Social by Heinz Beck & Palm Avenue | Monday to Saturday | Available Upon Request
Discover four world-class restaurants in one evening on this exciting culinary journey. Start with aperitif and canapés in Peacock Alley as the sun starts to set behind the iconic Palm Jumeirah, then move to LAO for starters and signature cocktails. Experience a Michelin star-worthy main course with wine pairing in Social by Heinz Beck and finally, indulge in desserts, cocktails and shisha by the beach in Palm Avenue in a traditional Majlis setting.
AED 630 per person inclusive of soft beverages
AED 780 per person inclusive of house beverages
All prices are inclusive of 7% municipality fee, 10% service charge and 5% VAT.