- LAO reflects the rich culinary traditions of the LAO people, inspired by the intrinsic cuisine of Vietnam. Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah Hotel, UAE - LAO Restaurant
- Chef Mai fuses the traditional Vietnamese cooking techniques with modern presentations at LAO. Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah Hotel, UAE - Lao Kitchen
- LAO creates a truly unforgettable dining experience inspired by the intrinsic cuisine of Vietnam. Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah Hotel, UAE - Southeast Asian Brunch at LAO
- Try the delicious Vietnamese-style grilled prawn at LAO. Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah Hotel, UAE - Grilled Prawn - LAO
- Sample the unique flavor of the Vietnamese grilled chicken at LAO. Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah Hotel, UAE - Vietnamese Grilled Chicken - LAO
- Experience the spectacular fried soft shell crab at LAO. Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah Hotel, UAE - Soft Shell Crab - LAO
Taking its inspiration from the 1st millennium tribe that settled across Southeast Asia, LAO reflects the rich culinary traditions of the LAO people, heavily inspired by the natural beauty and intrinsic cuisine of Vietnam.
LAO aims to elevate traditional Vietnamese cuisine through Chef Mai's menu, fusing traditional cooking techniques with modern presentations developing unique flavors and sensory experiences.
LAO creates a truly unforgettable dining experience with both indoor and alfresco seating overlooking the hotel's central gardens. A spacious and creatively designed private dining room is available for intimate parties and dinners.
Waldorf Astoria Dining Expedition
Peacock Alley, LAO, Social by Heinz Beck & Palm Avenue | Monday to Saturday | Available Upon Request
Discover four world-class restaurants in one evening on this exciting culinary journey. Start with aperitif and canapés in Peacock Alley as the sun starts to set behind the iconic Palm Jumeirah, then move to LAO for starters and signature cocktails. Experience a Michelin star-worthy main course with wine pairing in Social by Heinz Beck and finally, indulge in desserts, cocktails and shisha by the beach in Palm Avenue in a traditional Majlis setting.
AED 630 per person inclusive of soft beverages
AED 780 per person inclusive of house beverages
LAO | 2 January – 28 February | 6:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Sample the new "Chay Time" menu and create your own three-course dinner, featuring fresh vegetarian and vegan options like Summer Vegetable Rolls, Tofu and Eggplant in Tomato Sauce, Saigon Crêpes and much more. The word 'chay' - meaning vegetarian or vegan in Vietnamese - has long been a way of cooking in Vietnam using ingredients that are healthy, eye catching, packed with flavor and often imitate the taste and appearance of meat dishes.
AED 149 per person for a 3-course set menu
LAO | Daily| 6:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Join our talented LAO chefs for an intimate dining experience at our 'chef's counter', overlooking the open kitchen. Enjoy this culinary journey through the heart of Vietnam with bespoke dishes cooked to your preference. This unforgettable dining experience walks you through the history behind each dish and how our chefs elevate Vietnamese cuisine, by fusing multiple traditional cooking techniques together, creating new and unique flavors.
AED 380 for 4-course menu including iced tea and Vietnamese coffee per person
LAO | 14 February | 6:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
LAO will transform into the land of love Valentine's Day, creating a magical dining experience for you and your sweetheart. The two lovebirds will enjoy a three-course, specially crafted menu, of the finest Vietnamese cuisine. Enjoy this romantic journey in our Asian-inspired dining room or overlooking the hotel's central gardens.
AED 300 per person including a glass of prosecco
Chinese new Year
LAO | 24, 25 January | 6:30 PM – 11:00 PM
Delight in a fabulous set menu of creations to celebrate the Year of the Rat. Served family style, dishes include crispy beef with mandarin sauce and wok-fried Chinese Lettuce with garlic as well as golden prawn with salted egg yolk sauce and steamed Hamour fish with supreme soya sauce. The sights and sounds of China will come to life as our lion dancer puts on a captivating show on the evening of 25 January.
All prices are inclusive of 7% municipality fee, 10% service charge and 5% VAT.