UNIFIED BY INSPIRATIONAL ENVIRONMENTS and unparalleled guest services, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts create authentic moments that live long in the memory of each guest. From signature culinary excellence to world-class golf courses and rejuvenating spas, Waldorf Astoria aims to deliver unforgettable experiences.
IMAGINE TAKING ONE OF THESE UNFORGETTABLE experiences on the road. From the doorsteps of some of Waldorf Astoria's most iconic hotels, you can put yourself in the driver's seat of three of the world's best supercars. With the launch of Waldorf Astoria Driving Experiences, you can access some of the most scenic drives in America from September 30th to December 7th, 2014.
WALDORF ASTORIA DRIVING EXPERIENCES begin at the hotel, where guests will be met by a member of the WA Driving Team. Guests will be given an overview of their drive, showcasing a refined set of supercars including Ferrari's unrivaled 458 Italia, the technological tour de force - the MP4-12C by McLaren, and the ever-so-sleek Porsche 911 Turbo. The drive will be led by a professional race car driver, who will steer through a predetermined route. Guests will have the chance to enjoy refreshments and switch cars during stop-off points within the route.
PORSCHE 911 TURBO: THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE
PORCHE’S 911 TURBO IS A TECHNICAL MILESTONE, STILL MAKING ITS MARK ONTO THE FUTURE. THE 911 TURBO HAS ALWAYS BEEN A BENCHMARK FOR GT SUPERCARS AND HAS ESTABLISHED A LONG TRADITION OF DELIVERING ON-THE-ROAD MOBILITY WHILE HANDLING THE DEMANDS OF RACING. PORCHE ALWAYS EPITOMIZES ALL THAT IS POSSIBLE.
FERRARI 458 ITALIA SPIDER: AN EFFORTLESS MARRIAGE OF F1 TECHNOLOGY, DESIGN AND BEAUTY
THE 458 SPIDER IS THE FIRST CAR EVER TO COMBINE A MID-REAR ENGINE WITH A RETRACTABLE FOLDING HARD TOP THAT DELIVERS BOTH UNPRECEDENTED IN-CABIN COMFORT WHEN CLOSED AND UNPARALLELED SPIDER PERFORMANCE.
THE FERRARI 458 SPIDER OFFERS A WHOLE NEW SET OF EMOTIONS AND ADDS A GENUINE SENSE OF SPORTINESS AND POWER TO WEEKEND TRIPS À DEUX. AN INCREDIBLE MIX OF SOUNDS SUPPLIED BY THE CAR’S 570 HORSE POWER INCORPORATES JUST THE RIGHT NOTES, TURNING IT INTO MUSIC FOR YOUR EARS - MUSIC THAT ACTS AS A BRILLIANT SOUNDTRACK NOT ONLY TO THE PLEASURE OF DRIVING A PRANCING HORSE BUT IN-CAR CONVERSATIONS.
THE MCLAREN MP4-12C: THE SYMBOL OF MCLAREN F1 TECHNOLOGY BORN ON THE RACE TRACK
KNOWN SIMPLY AS THE MCLAREN 12C, THIS SUPERCAR WAS BORN, DESIGNED AND MANUFACTURED BY MCLAREN AUTOMOTIVE. IT IS THE FIRST PRODUCTION CAR WHOLLY DESIGNED AND BUILT BY MCLAREN. THE MP4-12C FEATURES A CARBON FIBRE COMPOSITE CHASSIS, AND IS POWERED BY A MID-MOUNTED MCLAREN M838T 3.8-LITRE V8, TWIN-TURBO ENGINE DEVELOPING APPROXIMATELY 592 HP.
THIS MCLAREN'S FIRST PRODUCTION VEHICLE IS AN ADVANCED SUPERCAR DESIGNED TO DO BATTLE WITH FERRARI'S 458. IT OFFERS IMPRESSIVELY PRECISE HANDLING AND BLISTERING ACCELERATION ALONG WITH SURPRISINGLY HIGH LEVELS OF EVERYDAY USABILITY AND COMFORT.
YOU WILL FIND WHICH CAR IS YOUR FAVORITE BEHIND THE STEERING WHEEL IN THIS UNIQUE EPIC SUPERCAR DUEL.
There will be three driving sessions available for each date of the program:
Driving sessions are limited, so reserve your driving experience and stay by calling:1-800-WALDORF
or email us your questions or comments.
REQUEST THE FOLLOWING RATE PLANS:
LA QUINTA RESORT & SPA:
BOCA RATON RESORT & CLUB:
ARIZONA BILTMORE, A WALDORF RESORT:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Offer is subject to availability at the following participating Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts only during the dates mentioned:
Waldorf Astoria Park City: Tuesday, September 30th – Sunday, October 5th
La Quinta Resort & Spa, A Waldorf Astoria Resort: Wednesday, October 15th – Monday, October 20th
The Boulders, A Waldorf Astoria Resort: Friday, October 24th – Wednesday, October 29th
The Roosevelt, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel: Thursday, November 6th – Tuesday, November 11th
Boca Raton Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort: Thursday, 14th November – Tuesday, November 19th
Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort: Tuesday, December 2nd – Sunday, December 7th
This offer is not applicable to existing reservations or group bookings, and may not be combined with other select promotions, discounts or offers. To reserve this package, please contact us at 1-800-WALDORF if in the USA, or +800 00 266 723 if outside the USA. When booking, please request the "Waldorf Astoria Driving Experience" package or request one of the following Plan Codes:Waldorf Astoria Park City: P8
La Quinta Resort & Spa, A Waldorf Astoria Resort: NP
The Boulders, A Waldorf Astoria Resort: SPKGWAT
The Roosevelt, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel: P3
Boca Raton Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort: P8
Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort: P8
Each participating hotel will offer three (3) driving sessions per day: a “morning” session from 8:30AM until 11:00AM, an “afternoon” session from 11:30AM until 2:00PM, and a “late afternoon session” from 2:30PM until 5:00PM. There will be four (4) openings available for either a single driver OR a single driver and passenger to sign-up. Each driving session will be on a pre-determined route planned out by each participating hotel, and will include at least four stops at various locations. During these stops, participants will be able to use restroom facilities, have refreshments provided by each participating hotel (any dietary needs should be addressed during the booking process), and switch to the next car. All driving participants will have the chance to drive three cars: a Porsche 911 Turbo, a McLaren MP4-12C, and a Ferrari 458 Italia. The fourth car, a Performance Sedan, will be driven by a session lead driver; guests will also rotate to this car, and ride with the session lead driver. The conclusion of the driving session will end back at the hotel.
Driving Rules :
- A driver must be between 21 and 80 years of age and hold a current automobile insurance policy and a valid driver license from your country of origin or main residence.
- Every participant must sign a disclaimer (a copy is available upon request).
- No specific weight or height restriction for participation in a DXL event. (Drivers over 280 lbs or 6'7" or taller may expire discomfort inside the cars).
- Briefing is mandatory: The operation, controls and special features of each car will be presented during the briefing. All cars utilize paddle shift transmissions.
- 5. Road selection: Every program incorporates a combination of sweeping turns, twists and straights. We try to select roads that are not congested, however, some freeway and highway routes may be included in congested areas. We schedule restroom stops during your drive. Refreshment and snacks will be available for your enjoyment.
- The drive duration is estimated to take approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes up to 3 hours max.
- You will be emailed with your start location, arrival time, briefing, car instructions and event details (10 - 15 days) prior to your event.
- Sport casual and shoes are highly recommended as the pedals on some of the cars are close together. Any clothing or accessories that contain metal decorations are strictly prohibited and if identified by any member of the WA Driving Team, will have to be removed.
- No safety equipment is required for the event.
- Participants should avoid bringing unnecessary items, as there will be limited space available in each car.
- You are allowed a maximum of one guest passenger (per driver) with an additional fee if applicable for the event. You and guest passenger 21 to 80 can share the drive if you want. If sharing, you will alternate each car from driver to passenger. Non-driving passengers are allowed, but must be at least 12 years old and driver 21 to 80 must sign a disclaimer (a copy available upon request).
- Each participant will receive a gift bag, at the end of the event.