Designed by Arthur Hills, the 18-hole, 72-par Arthur Hills Golf Course at El Conquistador is a standout among Caribbean resort golf courses.
The Arthur Hills Golf Course boasts manicured links accented with lush tropical flora and inhabited by local wildlife including iguanas, turtles, and birds. The natural hills of the terrain have been maintained in this award-winning course, to challenge players with elevation changes of more than 200 vertical feet and few level lies. The greens and fairways provide commanding views of the Atlantic Ocean and El Yunque Rain Forest. The links of the course are player-friendly for golfers of all skill levels.
- Open daily from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Average speed of play for 18 holes: 4.5 hours
- Yardage markers: Sprinkler heads, fairway plates, and yardage poles; mapped for SkyGolf GPS units; yardage books available for purchase.
- Average green size: 5,500 square feet
- Average green speed: 8.5 to 10 on the stimpmeter
- 59 sand bunkers
- Five water hazards
- 13 elevated tee boxes
- 7 elevated putting greens
- Average width of fairways: 200-yard mark: 100 yards across; 150-yard mark: 90 yards across; 100-yard mark: 85 yards across
- 1,100-foot driving range with three tiers of hitting space, a putting green, and a chipping area
- Golf Course Maintenance: The Arthur Hills Golf Course closes for a brief period of time each year for maintenance and a bit of rest to be in top condition for the upcoming seasons. During this period, discounts to green fees may be applied based on course conditions from May-September