Explore Phoenix, Scottsdale and the Sonoran Desert from the convenient location of the Arizona Biltmore.
There is so much to see and do in Phoenix – visit attractions such as the Wrigley Mansion and Heard Museum. Tour Taliesen West, Frank Lloyd Wright's former Scottsdale winter home and school which now houses the Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture and Foundation. Join the Thursday Night Artwalk, a weekly tour through Scottsdale's galleries.
The surrounding Biltmore District is an area of residences with a median price of $1.1. million, an interesting and lush area to explore. Travel by hotel shuttle to Biltmore Fashion Park, a stylish shopping and dining destination.
Consult the Concierge desk to arrange a desert adventure. Book a helicopter or private plane tour of the Grand Canyon, an afternoon of horseback riding in the Phoenix Mountain Preserve, or a hot air balloon ride over the desert floor. Visit Painted Rock Petroglyph, an ancient archeological site featuring hundreds of Native American petroglyphs.
Arrange a tour of Taliesen West, Frank Lloyd Wright's winter home and architectural camp in nearby Scottsdale.
Follow your exploration of the resort's architectural influences with a tour of Scottsdale's Taliesen West, the former winter home of the famed architect. Wright opened a camp for visiting architects in the Arizona desert. Tour the architect's living quarters and offices. View unique desert shelters designed by Wright's apprentices. Today, Taliesen West houses the Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture and the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation.
- Taliesen West
- Heard Museum
- Phoenix Art Museum
- Scottsdale Thursday Night Artwalk
- Biltmore Fashion Park
- Oldtown Scottsdale/Fifth Avenue
- The Borgata
Visit the Concierge desk to arrange a desert excursion.
Explore the Sonoran desert by RTV or Hummer. Ride horses through the Phoenix Mountain Preserve or hike on Camelback or Piestewa Peak. Phoenix offers a variety of outdoor activities for the most adventurous of hotel guests. Contact the hotel's Destination Management Service team to plan an off-site group excursion to an Arabian Horse Ranch, a visit to the Desert Botanical Gardens and Phoenix Zoo, or a Sedona day trip.
- Sonoran Desert: Arrange a desert excursion by ATV or Hummer or a hot air balloon ride through the Concierge Desk
- Arabian Horse Ranch: Book a group tour of an Arabian Horse Ranch through the hotel's Destination Service Team
- Desert Botanical Gardens: View over 100 species of endangered plants on over 50 acres of plantlife
- Heard Museum: View exhibits and collections representing local Native American culture and arts
- Arizona Science Center: Visit the museum's planetarium and NASA-related exhibits
- Phoenix Mountain Preserve: Hike or mountain bike on Piestewa Peak or Camelback
Visit Phoenix landmarks including Montezuma Castle, one of the first U.S. National Monuments and a theatre built in 1929.
Explore the Native American Sinagua culture at one of North America's best-preserved cliff dwellings. Over 1,000 years ago, tribes built Montezuma's Castle, dwellings in the limestone cliffs of Arizona's deserts. The unique site has taken over three centuries to complete.
Watch a performance at the historic Orpheum Theatre in downtown Phoenix. The 1929 theatre was designed by local architects Lescher & Mahoney. The Spanish Revival and Baroque architecture features intricate murals and molding to replicate an alfresco setting. Today, the theatre is home to the Phoenix Metropolitan Opera and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Montezuma's Castle: The 12th-century cliff dwelling is one of the earliest National Monuments
- Orpheum Theatre: Built in 1929, the present home of Phoenix Metropolitan Opera exemplifies Spanish Revival architecture
Choose from a variety of dining options along nearby Camelback Corridor or in nearby Phoenix and Scottsdale.
Dine at one of Camelback Corridor's many restaurants located near Arizona Biltmore. Enjoy complimentary limousine service to Donovan's Steak & Chop House which serves prime steaks and lobster in a classic steakhouse setting. Enjoy organic seasonal cuisine at Tarbell's which highlights local produce, seafood, fresh pasta and wood-fired pizzas. Order a classic Hawaiian Martini, signature sushi rolls and chocolate souffle at Roy's Hawaiian Fusion and Sushi, a nationally known favorite.
Sample country French specialties from celebrity chef Christopher Gross at Christopher's Fermier Brasserie at the Biltmore Fashion Park. Enjoy a Sauvignon Blanc from Paola's wine bar as you sample the chef's Terrine de Volaille and Foie Gras.
- Donovan's Steak & Chop House: Enjoy a prime steak or lobster at this classic steakhouse
- Tarbell's: Savor organic seasonal specialties including local produce, seafood, poultry, fresh pasta and wood-fired pizzas
- Roy's Hawaiian Fusion and Sushi: Sip classic Hawaiian martinis while enjoying sushi and Asian-inspired entrees
- Christopher's Fermier Brasserie: Savor country French cuisine at this brasserie from celebrity chef Christopher Gross
Spend an afternoon browsing Old Town Scottsdale, Biltmore Fashion Park, or The Borgata, a collection of alfresco shops.
Visit Old Town Scottsdale's Fifth Avenue galleries, cafes and boutiques for southwest turquoise jewelry or a sculpture from a local artist. Enjoy complimentary wine, refreshments and art at Scottsdale ArtWalk, held every Thursday evening in Old Town, home to over 100 galleries. For an alfresco shopping experience, visit The Borgata, a collection of local boutiques and eateries. The outdoor shopping area was designed to resemble a Tuscan village with cobblestone walkways and a courtyard. Take the hotel's complimentary shuttle service to Biltmore Fashion Park, a retail and dining center anchored by Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue. The Biltmore Fashion Park is also home to designer boutiques such as Ralph Lauren, J. Crew, Alessi, l'Occitane de Provence and lululemon athletica.
- Scottsdale ArtWalk: Visit Old Town Scottsdale's galleries on this weekly Thursday evening event
- Old Town Scottsdale: For over fifty years, Arizona residents have shopped and dined in this outdoor area
- The Borgata: Browse local boutiques or enjoy an alfresco lunch at Scottsdale's outdoor shopping destination
- Biltmore Fashion Park: Find the latest fashions at Nordstrom or Saks Fifth Avenue, or dine at one of the center's restaurants